Royal Canadian Air Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flight stick/Throttle Recomendations

2 posters

Go down

Flight stick/Throttle Recomendations Empty Flight stick/Throttle Recomendations

Post by Fierheller Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:29 pm

So I've been looking to get more into the simulation side of the game for a while, and I'm looking to get some good impressions on what stick/throttle combos I should be looking at.

I'm not in too big of a hurry and I hide a bit of cash in a paypal account every week, so I'm not against saving up and getting a highend rig.  (The Thrustmaster Warthog or the Saitek X-65F look pretty slick)

What set-ups do those of you already flying FRBs use or recomend?

Thanks
Fierheller
Fierheller

Back to top Go down

Flight stick/Throttle Recomendations Empty Re: Flight stick/Throttle Recomendations

Post by Bugs_iav8 Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:47 am

I was going to shell out for the Thrustmaster Warthog but was not comfortable with such an expensive setup being shipped from who-knows-where.  I was concerned about support since there have been lots of posts out there about the need for repair.  I even tried to make a deal with my local shop, who could have brought the product in, but if they did it was at "full retail price" not "street price" <-- forget that!

I settled on the Saitek X52 Pro and The Pro Combat Pedals - I really like it.  It is not as well built as the Warthog, it has a very light feel, but it is pretty precise. Compared to my old setup (CH Pro Yoke and Pedals) it is a huge step up.  

In short, I am very satisfied and happy that I didn't spend the extra cash for the Warthog setup.  Part of this is also due to the fact that I have only had about 2 hours per week to play :-O  Working two jobs is keeping me busier than expected...

I hope to fly with the squad again over the holidays!

Good luck with your choice.

Update: I also considered the X65 until I learned that it was a "forced sensing" stick. I didn't think I could make the transition to the lack of travel in the stick. With no place to "try" one out, I stuck with a traditional stick.
Bugs_iav8
Bugs_iav8

Back to top Go down