Royal Canadian Air Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non-gaming hobbies/intrests?

+3
Loops33
Wolfram_42
Fierheller
7 posters

Go down

Non-gaming hobbies/intrests? Empty Non-gaming hobbies/intrests?

Post by Fierheller Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:38 pm

As the title states, who does what for fun when not gaming?  In the spirit of getting to know each other a bit better, why not share some of the things you like to do when you aren't leading a Beaufighter conga line straight into the opening barage of AA from the Japanese carriers in New Guinea (looking at you Wolfram).

As for myself, I love me some motorcycles.  I only have the one at the moment (2011 Truimph Daytona), but I definately feel the need for a bigger stable. Twisted Evil I figure a dedicated track bike and a good dual sport for long trips would be perfect additions.

If bikes aren't an option (damn Alberta winters) I like getting into the mountains for some skiing.

Almost all of my free time is now aimed at being a new dad, however.  The better half and I just welcomed a new crib midget into the family 3 weeks back.  Go ahead, ask me how much sleep we get....

So who out there as some interesting hobbies they'd like to talk about.  You might find that a few of us share your intrests, or you might even convice some one to try something new.
Fierheller
Fierheller

Back to top Go down

Non-gaming hobbies/intrests? Empty Re: Non-gaming hobbies/intrests?

Post by Wolfram_42 Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:59 pm

yes yes the conga line was fun ... first shot and i go pop.

as for myself im also vary much into motorcycles. also have a triumph but mine is a thuxton 2010. and if im not a my bike then i have ether a bow (compound single cam) or a kite (my big one is 13m) in my hands.

as most of you know im in the RCAF in RL and that takes up the rest if not most of my time.

whats everyone else up to??
Wolfram_42
Wolfram_42
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops33 Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:26 pm

I'm not a Biker but i'm a fan of WWI and II since i'm a kid and history in general.
When i'm not working or geeking i'm a musician too 15 years of playing the guitare.... that's pretty much it Smile
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

https://rcaf.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bugs_iav8 Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:40 pm

> Motorcycle: Suzuki DL650 V-Strom (or wee-Strom as the DL1000 riders call it);  I ride with my wife (her hobby not mine); sometimes we do trips (e.g. 5 days touring in the US North-East);

> Snowboarding! Every day in the winter that I am not at my desk job, I work at a snow resort teaching people how to snowboard or trying to get better at it myself.  Most of my colleagues are half my age Smile

> I wish I had the cash to get back into flying - I'm not sure that will work until my kid finishes university or gets a great scholarship. Maybe, I'll be back in the cockpit in the next couple of years.
Bugs_iav8
Bugs_iav8

Back to top Go down

Post by Garrett2 Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:12 am

Well I am a rower. Currently in high school and working on a national title. I spend about 4 hours a day doing laps in the local reservoir. Besides rowing I am also an avid outdoorsman. I love backpacking, hunting and sailing.
Garrett2
Garrett2

Back to top Go down

Post by RebelCunuck Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:07 am

Hi all. I enjoy fishing, hunting, and camping. Mostly anything outdoors. Have done some scuba diving. I currently have a compound bow but will be switching to crossbow soon. Getting to old to pull it back all the time. Self employed so can take time off when I want to do the things I enjoy.
RebelCunuck
RebelCunuck

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops33 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Loops33 wrote:I'm not a Biker but i'm a fan of WWI and II since i'm a kid and history in general.
When i'm not working or geeking i'm a musician too 15 years of playing the guitare.... that's pretty much it Smile
I used to be a firefighter and surfing every day but was in my frenchmen life
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

https://rcaf.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfram_42 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:51 pm

Loops33 wrote:
I used to be a firefighter and surfing every day but was in my frenchmen life
don't worry one day you will be a real English man lol
Wolfram_42
Wolfram_42
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiedodge Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:45 pm

i am big time into anything radio controlled, and fixing up anything with an engine.

newfiedodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down