Royal Canadian Air Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RCAF News!

Go down

RCAF News! Empty RCAF News!

Post by Hornet Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 pm

Attention all members,

RCAF has once again reached the player cap for the squadron.  Only 128 player are allowed into a squadron, and unfortunately more and more people want to join.  The officers of the squadron are left with a hard task of figuring out what to do.  What will be happening is, figuring out who is an active player and who is not.  By reading this, it pretty much means you're an active player.  Now with Gajin's ultimate wisdom, there is no way to tell if a player has been active or not in WarThunder.  Currently, there is no way to tell when a player last logged in or anything.  This makes it very difficult to see who's active and who's not.  So, I will try to leave my computer running with WarThunder up 24/7.  In the squadron chat, (the little speech bubble beside the War Thunder icon at the top of the screen when you are in your hangar.) you'll know you're in it when all the players in that channel have [RCAF] in front of there name.  Anyways, what I would appreciate you doing once you have logged into the game, is to simply just type anything in there.  Now this may sound stupid, but by having my computer running the game constantly, the chat should never refresh and go blank, so when I'm not actually watching the screen, (something about having a life and all that) which I'm only looking at that screen for maybe a total of 2 minutes a day.  By seeing that you have typed something, then I know you've been on.  Now I know this tactic is far from perfect, by simply losing internet or whatever the case may be, it will reset the chat window.  I don't really have any other option though.  I am open to suggestions too.  I don't mean to bother any of you, I'm just trying to make it more fun to play in the squadron... in the long run.  The more active members we have, the more we can play together.

In other news...

I'm not sure how many you know about our TeamSpeak 3 server.  TeamSpeak or TS is a free program used by clan, squadrons, guild, etc to talk to one another using a microphone.  I understand that WarThunder has something similar to this build into the game, but WarThunder's system is far from perfect and you can either talk to the squadron in whole (minus players in a squad) or to just the squad you're in.  TS has more options and is way less buggy than WarThunder's.  Even if you do not have a microphone you can still listen in what others are saying.

If you are interested in getting it, the offical download link is below:

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Be sure to download the client, if you're not sure about 32 bit or 64, pick 32 bit, it will still work.

Once installed and setup (which is easy), click "Connect" under the "Connections" tab and copy in this information:

Server Address:
canada1.teamspeak.net:21125
Nickname: (Your nickname)
Server Password:
(blank, don't type anything into it, not even this... seriously)

Don't forget, you can use TS for more than just WarThunder, you can use it to play other games too.  However, WarThunder and RCAF squadron members take priority.  I highly recommend at least trying it out, you have nothing to lose (except 27 MB of hard drive space).

TS is more useful than you may think.  Once you get use to it, then you realize its true potential,  it is much faster than typing and is extremely clear, you have the options of changing volumes for each individual player, to if someone is to loud or quite, you can fix it.  It was the cutting edge for my clan when I used to play Black Hawk Down and War Rock.

Finally, which is also relating to TS, and I hate doing this but it has to be done.
Wolfram (our squadron leaders for those who don't know) has the TS hosted from a company.  Now, I know you know that companies don't do things for free.  It's always nice when people donate, even just a little, no specific amount, to help keep servers running.  Get what I'm hinting at here?  Okay, it's nice when people help out by giving funds to a cause.  Get it now? eh?  ...fine...  We ask all to please donate anything, to help keep up the TS server.  No, it is not mandatory, neither is using TS, but come on, you'll donate $2.00 to WalMart every time they ask if you want to make a donation to some charity you never heard of.  For those feeling "charitable", please PM myself or Wolfram... you can find us in the "Memberlist".

If you have questions, relating to anything, the game, TS, or anything else.  I'll be happy to help out... I will not be answering where babies come from so talk to someone else about that one.
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

RCAF News! Empty Re: RCAF News!

Post by Hornet Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 pm

(Reserved)
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down