Royal Canadian Air Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to serve Yak.

2 posters

Go down

How to serve Yak. Empty How to serve Yak.

Post by [RCAF] Gazoo Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Just a quick video which shows me taking out a Russian Yak. You'll notice I don't just dive straight at him but reduce my throttle at the 10 second mark and adjust my approach a few times. This accomplishes two things first it keeps my speed from building up to a dangerous level, and second it gives me a better angle which limits his chances to escape. I try to keep my speed anywhere from 500-600 kph.

When I get a chance to shoot I hit his elevator, he starts a spin maneuver although I'm not 100% sure its intentional. Now I could fly straight at him and empty my guns at him but it would be a waste of ammo, he is badly wounded and no threat so why press a bad position? Also since his movements are unpredictable I might accidentally ram him and take myself out of the match. So I climb up and wait, and for some reason (I assume a stuck elevator) he climbs straight up and is easy prey. A couple of quick bursts and he's finished.
[RCAF] Gazoo
[RCAF] Gazoo

Back to top Go down

How to serve Yak. Empty Re: How to serve Yak.

Post by Wolfram_42 Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:26 pm

nicely done
Wolfram_42
Wolfram_42
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [RCAF] Gazoo Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:20 pm

I have another one where I use an LA-7 to kill a N1K, but there isn't a lot to learn from it. I thought he'd kill me and by the time I crit'ed him and realized no only would I live but I'd kill him and turned the recording on there wasn't much to learn. Will do some more now that I have an easy recording tool.
[RCAF] Gazoo
[RCAF] Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolfram_42 Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 pm

ya the game .... it has it build in to the replayer .... just have to set up a key and it will export for a format you can stick on youtube nicely
Wolfram_42
Wolfram_42
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [RCAF] Gazoo Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:48 pm

Only problem with in game replay feature is you lose all the airplane markers for the enemy, like distance as well as your own data like speed and altitude. Without those its hard to glean much. I use a screen capture recording device which not only give all that info but audio so if I have music playing that shows up to. I assume Teamspeak chatter would show up also but I have not tested that yet. In any event its easy to use and seems to work ok for a free piece of software.
[RCAF] Gazoo
[RCAF] Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum