Royal Canadian Air Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace +2 2/3

5 posters

Go down

Ace +2 2/3 Empty Ace +2 2/3

Post by [RCAF] Gazoo Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:02 am

Started "The Hardest Day" map in HB, spawn to see my team consists of only my Beaufighter, 1 Hellcat and 2 Wellingtons, as everyone else has quit. The other team is composed entirely of fighters. 190's and 109's. Thinking this was going to be a blood bath I start a climbing turn back to the airbase and consider just landing and quitting. For some reason I don't. I get over the airbase and turn back to the German formation to see the Wellingtons charge in. I figure what the hell and follow shortly after them.

Now the Wellington's make it through but both are badly damaged. I pick my first target a 109E he is climbing at my 10 o'clock away from the wellies I start a climbing turn and catch him before he can climb to safety. Splash 1. Turning back to starboard I see a 190a coming right at me, I aim a little high and squeeze off two bursts he is critted and on fire, I get clipped but just a fuel leak and luckily I can still fight. Splash 2. A 109F suddenly thinks this isn't such a good idea so he turns to run but doesn't have enough altitude or space to get away, a 190 is coming but too far away to help him two quick bursts and its Splash 3. Climbing turn to starboard and head on with another 190a. This one does not want to fight head on with a Beaufighter Mk.X he tries to climb to boom and zoom me but I close the gap to quickly 1 long burst as he crosses overhead he is critted bursts into flames and its splash 4.

Now the hilarious part starts. The last two human players decide they are going to split up and attack me from opposite sides. Which is a good idea. Except they did not coordinate to attack together I shot up the first 109e who attacked me head on and a little too early and while I did not kill him he was so badly damaged he couldn't really maneuver. After that my attention turned to the second 109e who had built up an altitude advantage and dove on me while I was attacking his buddy. I started a tight radius turn to starboard and he over shot but it looked like he could not make up his mind if he was going to climb away and BnZ or turn onto my tail. He hesitated for just a second or two and that's all I needed. I reversed my turn dumped my flaps and could almost hear him mutter "OH SHIT!!" as I swung my nose hard to port and sliced his tail clean off. Splash 5. His buddy was limping away I caught up with him and filled his canopy with cannon rounds. Splash 6.

The last two kills were AI that were chasing the Wellingtons which isn't very exciting. Close the distance and fire away with the .50 cal's Splash 7 and Splash 8. Game over. Cue the Price is Right loser music. 6 Fighters couldn't kill a measly Beau-fighter. No wonder you lost the war Fritz. afro

Loops I'll see your 6 kill hb match with that Russian bathtub and raise you an 8 kill match with a lovely British Double Decker Bus that has the aerodynamic properties of a cathedral.

Ace +2 2/3 X3m3
[RCAF] Gazoo
[RCAF] Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Ace +2 2/3 Empty Re: Ace +2 2/3

Post by Wolfram_42 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:25 am

well done sir .... well done
Wolfram_42
Wolfram_42
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops33 Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:08 am

Gazoo one of the best !
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

https://rcaf.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fierheller Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:48 pm

You got me beat. The first day they had that map and the "Hurricane vs Bf 110" weekend, I managed 5 kills in a 110. I may have to pull the low tier Germans/Itais out of storage and see if it was the planes or just me being new and sucking that made them seem so terrible. Ha ha.
Fierheller
Fierheller

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterKnips Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:25 pm

Excellent job! By the way the Beaufighter is anything but measly, it is actually one of the more OP fighters (it's up there with the LA 5FN and the Spitfire MK IX).
MasterKnips
MasterKnips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum