Royal Canadian Air Force
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bf-109 As over here ??

5 posters

Go down

Bf-109 As over here ?? Empty Bf-109 As over here ??

Post by Loops33 Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Do we got an 109 As in the Squadron because i need feedback on this plane... I don't know if i flew to much Brits planes, i got problem to fly with the 109... Need explications en Tips... THX !
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

https://rcaf.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Bf-109 As over here ?? Empty Re: Bf-109 As over here ??

Post by _Waffles_ Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:36 pm

what are your concerns?
_Waffles_
_Waffles_

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops33 Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:45 pm

like since i'm a kid i know 109 were made for high Altitude...but on the game i found them really bad there. When i playing B'n'Z what the 109 is made for it seem pretty bad too for turning when you dive...
I use the first 109 in game so maybe that it.... anyway help or explication are welcome.
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Waffles_ Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:57 pm

I found the same thing, i cant use it very well up high like i can with my British mustang that's for sure. and i have trouble using them in historical battles as well. just try not to get into to steep of a dive because i find it to hard to pull out of it. In HB, If you have someone Behind you coming after you within 2 km, dont turn into them because then you're dead. My suggestion is dive and out run them untill they give up or get shot down. 190s are fast. also they lose a lot of altitude when turning in arcade battles when im turning alot cuz im being swarmed i find im having to keep myself from slamming into the ground, but i only have a G2. i'm not sure about the rest, but yes you are right they were made for high altitude. I heard that they were going to make an adjustment to their flight model next patch. also with the FW 190. which could either be good or bad we will find out.
_Waffles_
_Waffles_

Back to top Go down

Post by Skylandrial Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:29 pm

Ok a little historical lesson, not that this has anything to do with the game model but anyway... The original production 109 E's that the Germans started off the war with were made for dogfighting, very maneuverable and very fast but under gunned and small amount of ammunition.
So the Germans went to the "F" series which was better armed a bit faster and still maneuverable. This served the Luftwaffe well until the advent of daylight bombing by the Americans and they found that "F" series did not carry enough of a wallop to take down the bigger bombers, hence the "g" series came out and the FW 190 started to play a larger part as it was a sturdier aircraft and could handle heavier armament.
What you are discovering with the "G" is that once in a dive it is very hard to pull out, which was actually fairly accurate. The G was meant to take on B-17s head on and kill the pilots, hence the B-17G introduced a chin turret to keep the 109-G's from head on attacks and blowing the front of the bomber off.
The final series was the 109-K which was developed to counter the Mustangs and virtually fly cover for the 190's as they attacked the bomber stream. The 190-d was the best of the FW line and was a devastating B&Z fighter.
So if you remember the strengths of the planes that might help you a bit in arcade, some in HB but I haven't flown full realistic yet but will probably play a significant role there.
Just my thoughts, watch your six
Skylandrial
Skylandrial

Back to top Go down

Post by [RCAF] Gazoo Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 pm

There are a few rules when playing with a 109 or a 190.

1. Don't get into turning fights.

2. Use your ailerons, rudder and elevator as little as possible you will bleed speed and lose your energy advantage quickly

3. If your attack fails abandon it and regain your advantage when it is safe to do so, do not press an attack its a sure fire way to die.

4. Try to attack in groups as this substantially improves your chances of success. (check other fighters gamer cards look for people with a good kill ratio follow them watch what they do and try to learn as much as you can) Follow about 10-15 seconds behind them in a dive often you can catch a maneuvering fighter off guard.
[RCAF] Gazoo
[RCAF] Gazoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops33 Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:48 am

Thx for those answered !
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MasterKnips Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:14 pm

The 109 is what is called an "energy fighter". This means that it uses it's altitude and speed to excel. One should attack in as straight a line as possible, because if you try to turn you will lose a lot of speed, a vital attribute in the 109. But if you are really high up (6000 metres for ex.) You can afford to lose some of that speed, because if you lose it all and you need it, all you have to do is dive. Another tip to not getting shot down is not being caught by the enemy alone. It's always recommended to have a buddy to watch your back. And if you do a turn put the combat flaps on first, I find that it helps to keep the plane from wobbling. Hope this helps Smile
MasterKnips
MasterKnips

Back to top Go down

Post by Loops33 Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 pm

thx i know all that but in the game is a bit Fucked....anyway thx for poping by Smile
Loops33
Loops33
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum